At Kingsley Bogard, we are committed to providing our clients with current legal updates on a wide variety of topics and challenges pertaining to public sector employers. We invite you to explore our blog and welcome your feedback.
These articles are designed for general informational purposes. These articles should not be construed as, or substituted for, formal legal advice. Additionally, these articles are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship where none had already existed, or alter the scope of any existing attorney-client relationship.
- U.S. Supreme Court’s Janus Decision and Senate Bill 866 FAQs
- Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- United States Supreme Court Decision Regarding Union Fair Share Fees
- Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Changes to PRA
- Thursday, March 30, 2017
In 2014, the Court of Appeals in City of San Jose v. Superior Court of Santa Clara County determined that emails and other written materials sent on employees’ personal accounts were not subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act (“PRA”). The case was appealed to the California Supreme Court. The Supreme Court finally issued…Read More...
- Proposed Legislation Regarding Classified Employee Layoffs
- California Voting Rights Act
- Are Categorically Funded Certificated Hires Temporary Employees?
- “One-to-One Credential Match May be Required for Certificated Categorical Back-Fill Temporary Employees”
- Federal Law Broadens Accommodations for Lactating Employees
- Governor Vetoes Legislation Which Would Have Required Reimbursement for Impermissible Student Fees (AB 165)
- Non-Medical School Employees May Administer Antiseizure Medication
- SB 931 – EERA Legal Advisor Prohibition
- Governor Indicates Layoffs are Still Okay After AB 114
- State Budget Acts of 2011 and AB 114
- Annual Parent Notices — Are You in Compliance?
- Classified Employees in Non-Merit System Districts Who are Laid Off Must Serve a Probationary Period if They are Re-Employed by the District in a Different Position
- Redevelopment Agencies Add Further Strain to District Budgets
- Keeping Options Open
- Budget, Layoff and Negotiations